The Securitron XMS Passive Infrared Request to Exit Device is a motion detector specifically designed to reliably release magnetic locks. A person approaching the door is "seen" by the motion detector just before reaching the door. Versatile mounting options and an easily adjustable infrared beam pattern provide optimal coverage of the egress area for smooth, hands-free lock release and exit.
- Passive infrared (PIR) request to exit (REX) device
- Designed to reliably release magnetic locks
- Automatically cuts power to the lock, allowing the individual to exit without even realizing that the door is secured
- Request to Exit (REX) output
- Easily adjustable beam pattern
- Adjustable time relock
- UL Listed
- Input Voltage: 12 or 24VDC
- Power Draw: 20-50mA, depending on switching status
- Environment: Indoor use only
It is recommended that an emergency exit button (redundant request to exit) be used in conjunction with the XMS to meet applicable building codes and specific life safety issues.